#14 - I'm Gonna Like Me by Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell



Summary: "I'm gonna like me when I don't run so fast. Then they pick teams and I'm chosen last," announces the bespectacled boy. "I'm gonna like me when I eat something new, even if Grandma makes octopus stew," says the little girl.... nervously. This upbeat book shows  children how to feel good in their own skins. The spunky protagonists shake off embarrassment and are proud of all that they CAN do. "I'm gonna like me because I'm loved and I know it, and liking myself is the best way to show it."  

Suggested Activity
: I Like Me Box



Ask children to think about who they are on the inside. What do they do, like, or feel that other people can't tell by looking at them? Have the children make a collection of items, drawings, or words to put in a box that represent who they are. After everyone is finished, organize a time for partners to share their insides with each other. Then have each child introduce who his or her partner is on the inside to the rest of the class.



Curriculum Area: Listening and Speaking (expresses self using words and expanded sentences, understands and follows oral directions, answers questions, asks questions, actively participates in conversations)

Appropriate Age Group
: 5 and up

0 comments: